Saturday, October 13, 2012

Queen of the Lovelies

Today I drew the Queen of Pentacles.

Queen of Pentacles - Tarot of the Magical Forest

In the past when I've drawn this card, I've read it as an encouragement to love and take care of myself.  I didn't immediately get that vibe when I pulled it, so I thought I'd just look for ways to incorporate the energy of this card into my day.  I did a little cleaning here and there, and I found it a pleasure because I had already whipped the house into shape earlier in the week in anticipation of guests coming over.  It's always easier to keep a clean house clean than it is to work in a messy house.  Well, no duh, huh?

The thing about this particular Queen of Pentacles is she looks really tired to me.  Yeah, that can be the downside of being the Queen of Pentacles.  She's so busy tending to everyone else, making the house cozy, balancing the checkbook, reading to the kiddies, but if she isn't careful all of that care-giving can really take a toll.

So, this tired Queen still serves as a reminder to take care of myself so I can continue to be there to take care of my lovelies. 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. It's true, I'd never thought of her looking tired. But cooking and cleaning, keeping house, making others your focus, it all takes its toll. Hope you make time for yourself, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she just looks like that because that is how I was feeling, but it almost looks like she's hunched over and there is a glazed over look in her eyes. I know that look. lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...