Friday, October 12, 2012

Onward!

Knave of Swords -
Tarot of the Magical Forest
How interesting that today I drew the Knave of Swords, which comes right after the card I drew yesterday.  Yesterday I was replaying last weekend's events over and over in my mind, but today I've moved forward and have made a solid decision about the situation.  However, I'm still feeling unsure.


This knave is moving forward but still looks backward pensively.  The sky around him is dark and foreboding. Maybe a storm is approaching.

I don't know how to tell my friends that I won't be showing up at our favorite gathering place anymore.  I see some of them in other places.  We get together at each others' houses for parties and stuff like that, but some of them I never see anywhere but there.  I'm afraid I'll lose touch.  I'm afraid my friends will try to talk me out of my decision, so I want to avoid the conversation completely, but if I'm being honest, I've been thinking I needed a break from spending time at this place for quite a while now, even before the shock of this past weekend.  I've been going less and less frequently, unable to completely let go.

Yes, this card portrays my feelings perfectly, but I want to look a little deeper for advice.  I'd say that it's telling me to do what I know I need to do even though I have reservations.  I don't know what the road ahead looks like, but I need to just keep taking the next step.

I don't know what I'll tell my friends, but I know what I have to do.



post signature

3 comments:

  1. To me, this card is a reminder that sometimes we need to try saying things, even if we're worried about how people will take them. Exploring a new way of communicating can be scary, but keeping people out by not talking to them can be worse...
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good interpretation, and it's one I didn't want to see. :-) I love to avoid confrontation. It's something I am capable of doing. It's just uncomfortable. A very bad experience a few years ago changed me and made it even more difficult. I'm just now working my way back from that.

      Delete
  2. Well, you have to do what feels right to you, just consider that saying something might not be as bad as you fear - like the ad says, "It's good to talk!" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...