Monday, October 1, 2012

Control Your Destiny

The first thing that came to me when I saw the cards I pulled for my daily spread is that I can expect to experience mood swings because of where I am in my lady cycle.

Queen of Swords, Queen of Cups, The Wheel - The Joie De Vivre Tarot

That's certainly been true of my day already, and it's not even noon.  I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm feeling low on energy, and earlier while I was reading my book I started crying.  Usually, if a book is going to make me cry, it's at the end, but this was  right smack dab in the middle of it.  True, it was a poignant moment, but still,...unusual for me.

I'm not sure what advice these cards might have for me.  Those two queens are so different from each other, and yet, I can see myself in each of them.  The look on the Queen of Swords' face is priceless, and if you asked my kids, I'll bet they'd say they've seen the same look on mine when they've done something that doesn't make me happy.  Still, if one of them has a problem or is worried about something, I'm the first person they run to because I almost always can understand what they are feeling.  They know I will listen without judging and offer comfort or advice.  Moms are good like that.

The Wheel of Fortune has meant hormonal cycles in readings I've done before, but I think maybe today it's also a reminder that I decide how to react to the circumstances in which I find myself, whether it's with the Queen of Swords' clear vision and intellect or the Queen of Cups' empathy and intuition.  The decisions I make will always affect the outcome. I have a lot of control over how my life goes, and if at any point during the day, I don't like how things are going I can change course.

edit:  Actually, I remembered incorrectly.  It's The Moon that I've had come up referring to menstrual cycles before, but the Wheel as cycles in general.  I think the advice is still sound, though.


"Destiny is not a matter of chance, but of choice. Not something to wish for, but to attain."
~ William Jennings Bryan


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I so agree - that Queen of Swords is excellent. Definitely a "don't mess with me" face ;D

    That particular Wheel card definitely lends itself to the "lady cycle" interpretation, given the moon phases it shows...

    Hugs,
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I saw the moon phases. I do love that queen! lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...