Thursday, August 30, 2012

Play Like a Child

I spent a lot of time reflecting on the card I drew yesterday and how it pertains to my situation. I did make some decisions and decided to view this as a new start for me. I also decided to continue drawing a card a day asking, "What one thing can I do today to help me move toward accomplishing my goals?"

Today I drew the Six of Cups.

Six of Cups - Revelations Tarot

 Today is a good time to think about past successes, revisit what has worked for me in the past.  This card also tells me that I would do well to let myself feel joy, like I did as a child, without being weighed down by worry and responsibilities.

As I go about my day, I don't need to do so while carrying everything that worries me along with all of those responsibilities that I feel I'm not quite meeting.  With that weight on me all day long, it's no wonder I feel compelled to escape from the moment I wake till the moment my overworked brain lets me fall asleep.

Recognize past success, live in the moment, and experience unhindered joy.

"Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do." 
 ~Jean de la Bruyere

 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...